Monday, September 1, 2008

Miracle Mile Parade


Joy, Jack, Grammy & Papaw at the Parade!

The Miracle Mile Parade was this past Saturday!  It is a parade to bring awareness to the Southside of Indianapolis and promote business on the Southside.  I also attend Gateway Business Brilliance luncheons.  They are the organization that coordinates the parade.  It was a fantastic parade, and Jake and I both volunteered for most of the day.  

Jake had the privilege of checking parade participants in, and directing them to the correct lot to line up.  I had traffic duty.  As the police funneled people on a closed street, I directed them to their destination...VIP parking, volunteer check-in, parade participant, etc.

The best part of it was Jack being at his first parade.  My parents came down to the parade with Jack, and we all got to watch it together.  I had to share photos of this great event:)






Jack watching the 
parade on my shoulders!







Watch tomorrow for pics from the weekend getaway with the family!

Joy

No comments: