Monday, August 25, 2008

AIAA...Good News Today!

I spoke with Tammy at AIAA (Americans for International Aid and Adoption) today, and she was REALLY helpful!  She answered a lot of my questions, and I am very confident that we will be able to get into their Korean program without any problem!

We are registering to adopt a kiddo with minor/correctable needs.  It really breaks my heart to think that Jackson would have been put on a list of kids that may or may not have been adopted.  With his medical history, most ppl would have passed him up quickly!  I can't imagine that happening.

Jake has a birthmark under his eye, it's crazy to think that in some countries that would make him special needs!?!  With AIAA, we can adopt from Korea and request a little girl!  It is our preference, but we didn't think we would have an option until now.  If you have a child  or children of one gender, you can request the opposite gender only.  

After searching a lot of blogs and forums regarding AIAA, I haven't found anything negative about them.  I have found a ton of wonderful things about them, and many ppl who have used them in the past.  

Last year they placed 60+ kids from Korea.  We can use Jill for our homestudy as well!  This is great news for a few reasons...she has done homestudies for other families we know, she is WAY less expensive and fantastic (I've heard)!

We could have a kiddo home in a year, a little more or a less...not really sure.  The agency in Korea will send us a referral based on our homestudy.  Since we are open to a kiddo with different minor/correctable needs, I was told it could be less time.  I have a little more confidence in the process now:)  I feel like we are on a positive road. 

It's a good day in adoption land!

As for the fam...Jack is hysterical!  He LOVES to sing, dance and play his boom boom(guitar).  He now does hand signals to songs...CRACK me up.  He won't do them unless everyone around him is doing them.  Have you ever seen a room full of people do hand gestures to a goofy kids song, just so a kid will do them?  Love it!

Life is good!
Joy

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay yay for good news!!

Anonymous said...

A girl! (You know I am partial to girls.)
I recently had my 37th birthday and had dreams that two different dreams that people gave me two different 1 year old girls as gifts. I was so elated! I always wanted a boy- (my age maybe? or that Paige just turned 5! Has me dreaming of girl gifts- humm)
I also just had two different procedures that permanently stopped my ever getting pregnant again, so that may be it too.

Anyway- I'm in for the ride with your journey and can't wait to hear more.

Lisa J. Davis